Hydrotherapy is a very effective modality in the rehabilitation of dogs and even some good tempered cats!
I use both a pool and an underwater treadmill to treat my patients at a hydrotherapy unit in Dorset. These modalities can be used either alone or in combination with land-based physiotherapy for the optimum recovery of patients and I have seen some amazing results.
Some of the conditions I’ve treated successfully are:
- Spinal conditions: post surgery
- Cruciate damage: post surgery ( TPLO, TTA, lateral suture) and conservative management (CM)
- Luxating patella: post surgery and CM
- Elbow dysplasia: post surgery and CM
- Hip dysplasia: post surgery and CM
Dogs are swum only with veterinary referral and I work closely with the vet to ensure the patient receives exactly the treatment required.
Many owners also like the continuity and consistency of receiving physio and hydrotherapy from one person and of course my physiotherapy experience and techniques are used to good effect in the pool and treadmill.
£25 per 1/2 hour session